11 June, 2009

Party like it's 1999

I had a client meeting yesterday with a vendor who shall remain nameless but the name rhymes with saleshorse – who said that their marketing budget had been increased. I felt like I was in a time warp and it was dot com boom days all over again. I wanted to go out and party like it was 1999.
I’m getting so used to clients saying that their budgets are being slashed and ‘gone are the days ...’ and how they must prove ROI. (The Economist quoted Bank of America’s claim this week that they make $3 of profit for every $1 they spend on sports marketing with the comment “if it can make 300%, it should do nothing else”).
Having said that we seem to looking at 100% YOY growth ourselves. Good job we’re not called “FutureBank”, I suppose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home